This group is for dogs under one year old when joining.
Training will focus on socialisation and basic obedience, recall, walking on lead, sit and down.
Sessions will cover the requirements of the Kennel Club Puppy Foundation Award.
Puppies and handlers are expected to have achieved the Foundation assessment criteria before at the trainers discretion moving on to one of the Intermediate groups.
This group is for dogs joining who are over one year old to access their level of socialisation, recall, walking on lead, sit and down stays.
At the trainers discretion they will be moved to the appropriate group or may, if available, be allocated extra help to resolve any behaviour issues.
Intermediate I & II
Note: Depending on numbers I & II may be run as one group.
While in this group dogs will work on exercises to:
- Further develop the skills gained from the previous group.
- Enable handler to feel confident handling their dog around other dogs.
- Socialise dog so that they can pass in close proximity to other dogs without distraction.
- Develop to a higher level the basic commands(on lead) of:
- Stay (1 min)
- cover the requirements of the Kennel Club Good Citizen Bronze award.
While in this group dogs will work on exercises to develop:
- Working dogs off lead in all disciplines.
- Teaching dogs to sit and stay off lead for periods in excess of 2 minutes.
- To be able to leave dogs for short periods in down stay position while handler moves around.
- To work dogs in close contact with other dogs.
- To play with dogs off lead in a group situation.
- Distance recall and down.
- Putting the dog in the down in an emergency situation.
- Out of sight down stay.
- Recall passed other dogs without interfering with them.
- Remain in position despite distraction.
- Send away.
- Display Team practice.